Monday, February 27, 2012

New Outlook on Food - Making Delicious Healthy Choices


Who would have known how amazing healthy food can taste. Day 3 of my new lifstyle, was last Friday.

I made romaine lettuce boats with lemon garlic cubed steak, and sauteed red bell peppers, avocados and onions. (above)

TO DIE FOR! Full of flavor and sooo very filling!

Day 4, (breakfast, was a scrambled egg with spinach and some leftover cubed steak, and avocado.

Day 4 Dinner, We ordered pizza, I scooped the topping off of the bread and put them on top of a rice cake, cutting my caloric intake into half!

Day 5 Breakfast, (we ate out) I had to modify my order to make my Loco Moco less LOCO. I ordered it with scrambled egg white, no rice, and gravy on the side, with a cup of coffee. It was filing, and didn't leave me feeling full and sick like it usually does!

Day 5 Dinner,
Organic Italian Chicken sausage, with sauteed onions and orange bell peppers, in a romaine lettuce boat.

Day 5 LUNCH , I went down to our 10th floor cafe and grabbed 3 big green romain lettuce leaves, and filled each one with something different
  • Tuna salad and capers with a dab of dijon
  • Turkey salad with sauteed zucchini
  • smoked turkey cold cuts and small pieces of havarti (1/2 slice)
SOOO YUMMY!

Proud moment of note: I went to a birthday party and actually passed on the pizza and cake, and I didn't miss it. Yes I did pat myself on the back:)

Something within my core has changed, my attitude about food. Usually I deeply crave the greasy snacks packed with salt, the cake, the ice cream, the bubble tea and popcorn chicken. However, deep in my core, the cravings are just gone.

Sometimes the scale tells us more than what we weigh, it tells us how we view food, the world, money, and ourselves. If my weight is some reflection of how I feel about myself, then I had better make a change. I have always been confident, happy and full of energy. I feel my weight dragging me down. When I look in the mirror, I see a size 9- but my pants say 14.
My photos look like a different person! I need to eat healthy to bring me back, and let me shine:)
Lighter, more energy, and I think this goal has reprogrammed my thoughts around food.

I am fighting back! I am battling against chips, waving my sword at cakes, defeating fatty foods with wreckless abandon and calorie counters! By way of rice cakes and lettuce! Watch out fat, here comes defeat!

No comments: