Wednesday, March 9, 2011

13th week of prego-hood:)

I am at my 13th week! Almost out of the first trimester (thank goodness!)
Although I am beaming with anticipation to meet my new little one, my body is feeling not so great.
Morning sickness now sticks around all day, and just about every food on earth makes me want to RALPH except for fruit.. So I live off of mintwater (peppermint of course) and lots of Fruit.

You can find Metro Mint at Whole Foods or QFC

They did the trick at first, now, not so much.

I am also adjusting to this new found pickiness about what I eat. I used to be something of an eat anything disposal of yummy foods. Now I am a total smell freak, fruit fiend and just about anything warm, doesn't appeal anymore.

I find myself asking myself, you don't like fries anymore? Who the heck are you?

In the midst of the madness, dealing with crazy deadlines at work, lots of after work STUFF and
taking care of my family, I have just been trying to remember that it is all for the best cause ever, LIFE!

We already have our NAMES I will tell you but you can't share it okay?
Our girl name (and I tell you I am sure we are having a girl)
just my gut instinct;)

It is:
Amaleha Monroe Cruz Israel

Amaleha (pronounced like Awmalayah) is a name that pays homage to one of my dearest friends, Margaret. Her Moms name was Amalea and she passed when Margaret was young. Margaret spoke of her and showed me many pictures of her and I knew that was where my good friend got her beautiful smile, outrageous kindness, peacefulness, and silly sense of humor. Making her one of my favorite people on the planet till this day. I have always called her my Sister and a huge part of me believes that she is.

Margaret's first Daughters name is "Maleha" So we Teihani and I , sat on her bed and brainstormed names, and she mixed Amaliah with Maleha and we came up with Amaleha Monroe.


(yes, yes I totally budged on the name Sparrow, it wasn't easy but I just couldn't get my family on board! I can still call her Sparrow though..

Our boy name:
Micah Jose Cruz Israel

We are NOT going to find out what we are having- we are going to be surprised, can you imagine, I mean who does that??
US that's who:)
Rico has been wonderful, he is the backrubbing, hand massaging, comforting, loving, and snuggly dream come true for me, he makes sure I have bedside water all the time, and he asks me a hundred times a day what he can to help me feel better. He wakes me up with a bunch of kisses to my face and belly every single morning, it is so very sweet..He always kisses belly and speaks to baby too.. I am sure baby loves that:)

He just gets me, I can be a raging lunatic and he just calmly makes me feel better and he never gets mad BACK. This for me is astounding.

He is peaceful and calming. I love him.

I have found that there are things I adore, and things I really can't stand right now like:

I love baby clothes
I despise meanies
I love puppies
I despise people that yank their dogs around on the leash! EASE UP WILL YA! poor dog
I love the sunset
I despise the cold...
I love oranges, starfruits, kiwis
I despise anything FRIED
I LOVE to snuggle with my daughter
I love her smell
I despise dirty floors Especially hard wood
I LOVE cardigan sweaters
I despise my skinny jeans.....

By the way I am soooo totally showing, like I am having twins or something, it is crazy!
BUT we have already had 3 ultra sounds, and we only saw one little peanut.. :(
Ta ta for now, off to Christian Faith Center for the Vision Conference! Woo hooo.
Would God be angry if I skipped church so I can go home and SLEEP.. I wonder:)










No comments: