Monday, October 5, 2009

No Ordinary Dwelling...




I found this lovely vacation rental and it's owner to be a pleasant inspiration in my quest for finding pieces that liven up my space at home.

I fell in love with her funky yellow couch
Meet the lovely owner Helena.


She was soo super helpful and always just a call away if I had any questions about anything. Her place also has a doorman and a nice little gym.

During our trip the rate was only 100.00, a night! Unbelievable price! It has gone up a little but it is still well worth it.

Her place is clean, stylish, central, and really close to the subway.
While in New York, we rented an editors condo on Murray Hill, you can look her up, or search for her place , it is named "Grand Central Park" on http://www.airbnb.com/.

When I left I was more than inspired and I was ready to start searching for ways to incorporate more color into my space but still maintaining the peaceful tranquil elements.

As you can see, she balances black and white as well as neutrals with color in such a creative and sassy way. I wish I had photos of the silver palm tree decals on the other side of the wall.

As soon as we walked in I fell in love with her place! She has a great eye for color and design and her entire place was soo very stylish.


Next time you travel to New York, get in touch with her and rent out her place, she is awesome and she also has a special mattress, it was like sleeping on a cloud!

I loved the idea of wall decals. They can really change and add to the environment of a room, while making a statement. I searched Etsy, for some interesting decals and found soo many!

Here is one of my favorite decal shops.



Can you imagine, a simple living room livened up with these fun decals! You can really transform an entire room just by placing a decal on one wall. Use one with lots fo color for rooms that have more neutral and earthy elements, and tone down a bright room with an all black, all silver, or lighter colored decal.

The birds on a branch are a real conversation piece, or just a nice peaceful place to sit and relax with the birds.

NYC skyline


MS. Hepburne

No comments: